Benefits of renting with ShireLiving
Our modern apartments and bungalows are easy to manage with open-plan living areas and accessible bathrooms for effortless living.
There are no worries about maintenance and you will benefit from security and safety features including an emergency call system.
Beyond your doorstep lies a host of facilities with a café serving freshly prepared, delicious meals and snacks, relaxing lounges,
and landscaped gardens to explore and enjoy at your leisure. Our friendly team of staff are there for you when you need them day or
night and can deliver a tailored range of care and support services in the comfort of your own home.
Enjoy the company of your neighbours with a range of organised activities, trips, and events including day excursions, themed dining experiences and even short holidays.
Whilst schemes vary slightly, these are some of the common features you will find:
- Café offering fresh, home-cooked meals and snacks using locally sourced ingredients
- Landscaped gardens with areas set aside for your own gardening
- Stylish lounges
- Pamper bathrooms with assisted baths
- Equipped games room
- Guest suite for family and friends
- Scooter storage
Care, support and a little extra help
Our care and support service is delivered by our familiar and friendly team in the comfort of your home.
Regulated by the Care Quality Commission and expertly trained, feel secure in the knowledge that each team
member will go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and offer the highest level of care.
Tailored to your needs we work with you to create a plan which suits your requirements and lifestyle and is easily adapted if things change in the future.
We also offer a range of services to help make life easier. From a little assistance around your home to a bit of company on an appointment or shopping trip.
The types of care and support we can provide
- Personal care like helping you prepare for the day or get settled for the night
- Help with medication
- Support with your meals
- A little assistance and companionship to get involved and enjoy activities
How we can help make life easier
- Domestic help like laundry, cleaning and making the bed
- Help with your shopping; from company while you shop to collection of your groceries
- Company and support to appointments like the doctors
- Some additional support following a hospital stay
- Help with taking a course of medicine like eye drops or antibiotics
- Some friendly companionship on a day trip or evening out
Who can apply?
ShireLiving apartments are available for rent to individuals and couples over the age of 55. Some schemes will require you to have a local connection to the area.
Following your initial application and before any offer for an apartment is made you will be contacted for an assessment of your support and care needs. The assessor will also advise if you are eligible for any financial support towards your accommodation and care.
You can find out more about applying to your nearest ShireLiving scheme by visiting the individual scheme’s page via the Locations Map and selecting the Who can apply tab.